Twenty thousand Hearth & Home Technologies®, Heat-N-Glo®, Heatilator®, Outdoor Lifestyles® and Quadra Fire® natural or propane gas indoor and outdoor fireplaces, stoves, inserts and log sets have been recalled, effective immediately, due to a hazardous gas valve leak in the products, creating a fire hazard. The recalled products were sold in fireplace stores around the country from May 2014 through July 2014 for between $1,200 and $8,000.
The company is instructing customers to stop using the gas fireplaces, stoves, inserts and log sets, turn off the gas to the unites and contact the fireplace store where the unit was purchased to make an appointment for a free inspection. If necessary, the fireplace stores are prepared to replace the product’s valve.
According to Hearth & Home’s company statement, “No incidents of product failure related to these valves have been reported, but Hearth & Home Technologies is proactively issuing this recall in collaboration with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) to reinforce our firm commitment to consumer safety.”
This recall involves the following brand names and serial numbers, which are printed on the unit rating plate, located near the controls, and in the instruction manual:
- Hearth & Home Technologies® Indoor Gas Fireplaces, 0023793235 through 0023822923, GA1851161 through GA1851706
- Hearth & Home Technologies® Gas Log Sets, 0023797015 through 0023812111, 1126-3481 & 65174612130
- Heat-N-Glo® Indoor Gas Fireplaces, Stoves and Inserts, 0023791818 through 0023823238
- Heatilator® Indoor Gas Fireplaces & Inserts, 0023792110 through 0023823125, 0023742749, 0023826583, 0023798I69 & 00238012326
- Outdoor Lifestyles® Outdoor Gas Fireplaces, OD18710 through OD18934, 0023792647 through 0023822308
- Quadra Fire® Indoor Gas Stoves and Inserts, 0023792636 through 0023822725