More than 50,000 Madewell Sightseer sandals are now under recall by Madewell Inc. and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). According to the Madewell Sightseer sandal recall, a metal shank within the sandals may dislodge from its position and break through the bottom of the outsole, thus posing a fall hazard to consumers.
The Madewell Sightseer sandal recall includes all of the sandals within the spring 2015 collection, including the 10 following style number and names in all sizes:
- C0275 Sightseer Knotted Slide Sandal
- C0276 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Black Leather
- C0277 Sightseer T-Strap Thong Sandal in Metallic Colorblock
- C0278 Sightseer Buckle Gladiator Sandal
- C0279 Sightseer Slide Sandal
- C1105 Sightseer Crisscross Sandal
- C5893 Sightseer T-Strap Toe-Loop Sandal
- C5895 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Shiny Silver
- C5897 Sightseer Lace-Up Sandal
- C6090 Sightseer Ankle-Wrap Sandal in Metallic Sand
To find the style number, check the sticker on the sandal’s outsole.
Before the Madewell Sightseer sandal recall was announced, Madewell received a total of eight reports of metal shanks dislodging from the sandal breaking through the outsole’s bottom. No injuries have yet been reported.
From February 2015 to July 2015, the recalled Madewell Sightseer sandals were sold at Madewell stores, online at Madewell.com and online at ShopBop.com for between $60 and $80. The recalled sandals were manufactured in China.
Consumers that have identified one or more of the recalled Madewell Sightseer sandals should immediately contact Madewell to receive a full refund.
For more information on the Madewell Sightseer sandal recall, contact Madewell Inc. toll free at 866-544-1937 anytime, email email@example.com, or online at www.madewell.com and click on Important Notice.