NOW Health Group, Inc., is recalling limited quantities of six dietary supplements that were accidentally mislabeled by the label supplier. Two of the products – Goldenseal Root and Cranberry Extract – contain soy, which is not listed on the products’ label. Soy is a major food allergen. People who are allergic to it could have a serious reaction if they consume this product.
The recall affects about 165 total units that were distributed nationally and sold in retail stores and online. The affected units were sold between Feb. 2, 2016, and March 11, 2016.
Specific products and lots include:
- NOW® Elderberry 500mg 60 VegCaps – Product Code 4667, Lot #1966914 (57 units)
- NOW® Andrographis Ext 400 mg 90 VegCaps – Product Code 4591, Lot #1966914 (8 units)
- NOW® Gingko Biloba 60mg 120 VegCaps – Product Code 4687, Lot #1969778 (77 units)
- NOW® Burdock Root 430mg 100 Caps – Product Code 4608, Lot #1969778 (8 units)
- NOW® Goldenseal Root 500mg 100 Caps – Product Code 4692, Lot #1961645 (12 units)
- NOW® Cranberry Ext Caps 90 VegCaps – Product Code 4632, Lot #1961645 (3 units)
The product code is located on the label and the lot number is located on the bottom of the bottle. The bottle is white plastic with a purpose lid and an orange NOW label. Consumers who have purchased any of the recalled products should stop using it immediately and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Receipt is not required for a refund.
No illnesses related to this recall have been reported to date. Consumers who believe they have experienced any adverse events related to any of the recalled items should contact their doctors. Any adverse events should be reported to the Food and Drug Administrative (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting Program at www.FDA.gov/MedWatch/Report.htm.