An explosion that destroyed a North Little Rock home Friday night, injuring 14 people, was caused by an accumulation of natural gas from an open valve leak somewhere in the residence. The gas was ignited when one of the occupants lit a cigarette, according to investigators. The primary resident of the house, identified as Evelyn Brooks, told North Little Rock police that a natural gas odor persisted in the house up to a week before the explosion, including the moments right before it happened around 10:20 p.m. Aug. 19, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. The blast was strong enough to ... Read More
Righting Injustice is published by the Beasley Allen Law Firm. If you are interested in a free legal consultation, please take a few moments to fill out the contact form with as many details as possible. The more information you provide us, the better we can evaluate your claim.