A New Mexico man whose Chinese-made ZTE smartphone caught fire as it was charging overnight has filed a lawsuit against a U.S. subsidiary of the manufacturer, alleging the phone’s defective design burned his home and all his possessions and left him with crippling burn injuries. According to the Albuquerque Journal, plaintiff Jose Perez filed the lawsuit in the Judicial District Court in Santa Fe last week. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages for economic losses, future medical expenses, and future pain and suffering, among damages. Mr. Perez says he was charging his ZTE Zmax Pro Blu phone overnight next to ... Read More
Righting Injustice is published by the Beasley Allen Law Firm. If you are interested in a free legal consultation, please take a few moments to fill out the contact form with as many details as possible. The more information you provide us, the better we can evaluate your claim.