Anxiety has been running high through the communities of St. Bernard Parish southeast of New Orleans, after Louisiana health officials confirmed that a single-cell amoeba called Naegleria fowleri found in the municipal water supply was responsible for killing a 4-year-old child in early August. The case was the first time the lethal microbe has been found in U.S. drinking water, but experts believe that there have been, and will continue to be, many more such cases. Health officials are assuring the public that seldom does the amoeba cause a rare form of brain-swelling encephalitis because it does no damage when ... Read More
Righting Injustice is published by the Beasley Allen Law Firm. If you are interested in a free legal consultation, please take a few moments to fill out the contact form with as many details as possible. The more information you provide us, the better we can evaluate your claim.