A fire that quickly consumed a five-story Bronx apartment building Thursday, Dec. 28, killing 12 and critically injuring several others, was caused by a toddler playing with a stove, New York City fire officials said. The fire, the deadliest New York City fire in a quarter century, swept through the apartment building “like a chimney,” New York Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro told the press in a news conference outside the building Friday. The fire was exacerbated by the resident of the Bronx apartment where the fire originated, Commissioner Nigro said. After finding her kitchen in flames, the mother of the ... Read More
Righting Injustice is published by the Beasley Allen Law Firm. If you are interested in a free legal consultation, please take a few moments to fill out the contact form with as many details as possible. The more information you provide us, the better we can evaluate your claim.